From retail distribution to foodservice to home-delivery systems. LIDD has done it and can help you.
Whether you ship food to retail stores, restaurants and institutions or make home deliveries, LIDD has designed distribution centers, optimized distribution networks and developed programs to improve operations productivity.
Some of the unique features of food distribution include:
- High-volumes and low-margins in an intensely competitive marketplace. Distribution productivity and cost controls are top priorities
- Food safety and quality means strict and complex temperature requirements. Field-to-fork traceability and rapid recall capabilities are a must
- Ever improving inventory turns and the supply chain strategies to make that happen without compromising fill rates
- SKU proliferation to meet the demands of an increasingly fragmented customer base
Since early 2010, LIDD has been highly active in many segments of the food distribution industry:
- LIDD has worked with many foodservice distributors across Canada and the United States ranging from broadline distributors to system distributors supporting quick-service restaurants
- LIDD has conducted network design studies, distribution center designs, pick line setups and product slotting as well as WMS functionality studies
- In February, 2012, LIDD became a certified supplier of UniPro Foodservice which represents more than 500 foodservice distributors in the United States with a combined purchasing power in excess of $60 billion
In Food Retail
- LIDD’s food retail clients range from mid-sized wholesalers to some of North America’s largest grocery chains
- LIDD has performed new distribution center designs, re-engineering of existing distribution centers and developing productivity improvement programs through process re-engineering, product slotting and technology enhancements
- Working with the premier eCommerce grocer in North America, LIDD has been engaged in developing materials handling systems to help boost distribution capacity and improve labor productivity in a very high-volume piece pick environment